Fire breaks out at Mapusa garment shop; loss pegged at Rs 5 lakh

Mapusa : A ready-made garment shop in Mapusa market was partly gutted on Friday afternoon causing a loss of around Rs 5 lakh. Goods worth Rs two lakh was saved.
According to Mapusa fire station, a call was received at around 2.15 pm informing about the fire on the mezzanine floor of a shop in the Salgaonkar Pharmacy lane. Accordingly, a team led by sub-officer Shivaji Naik rushed to the spot and started extinguishing the fire. The firefighters had a difficult time in climbing the staircase to reach the mezzanine floor, as there were of ready-made garments.
Using two fire tenders, fire personnel brought the fire under control and also succeeded in saving garments worth Rs 2 lakh.
Owner of M R Textile Shop Rashid Pardesi suspected short circuit to be the cause of fire.
Being bazaar day, fire personnel encountered a difficultly in reaching the shop.
Sub officer Shivaji Naik informed, “Using two fire tenders, the fire was brought under control. We saved around Rs two lakh worth garments and brought the fire under control and saved neighbouring shops also.”

Source:: The Navhind Times

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *