Tag Archives: Fort

Tiracol Fort

Tiracol Fort

The construction of the 17th-century Fort Tiracol was commissioned by the Maharaja of Sawantadi. It is situated at the confluence of the Riv... Continue Reading

Reis Magos Fort

Reis Magos Fort

The Reis Magos Fort is a few kilometers from Fort Aguada. It is a 16th century bastion constructed at the banks of the River Mandovi. The Fo... Continue Reading

Chapora Fort

Chapora Fort

The Chapora Fort was built by the Portuguese in 1617 on the site of an older structure built during a time when Goa was one of the prized po... Continue Reading

Cabo de Rama Fort

Cabo de Rama Fort

Cabo De Rama is situated 16 km north of Agonda beach at the south end of Colva Bay in Canacona district of Goa. Also known as The Cape of Ra... Continue Reading

Aguada Fort

Aguada Fort

Fort Aguada ('water' in Portuguese) was one among a string of defensive structures the Portuguese colonists built to ward off threats from p... Continue Reading